- Worshop location:
The workshop will be held on campus at the University of Iowa (Iowa City, IA), in the John Pappajohn Business Building. The conference room will be in S401 on Friday and W151 on Saturday.
Wireless Internet access and standard presentation media will be available in the rooms.
- Driving Distances:
- From Cedar Falls, IA: 90 miles, 1.5 hours
- From Champaign, IL: 250 miles, 4 hours
- From Chicago, IL: 220 miles, 3.5 hours
- From Des Moines/Ames, IA: 120 miles, 2 hours
- From Indianapolis, IN: 366 miles, 6 hours
- From Kansas City, KS: 310 miles, 4.5 hours
- From Lincoln, NE: 303 miles, 4.5 hours
- From Madison, WI: 175 miles, 3.5 hours
- From Minneapolis, MN: 304 miles, 5 hours
- From St. Louis, MO: 260 miles, 4.5 hours
- Airports & Taxis:
The Cedar Rapids/Iowa City Eastern Iowa Airport (CID) is an easy 20 mile drive to Iowa City.
Shuttles and taxis are available to Iowa City, as are rental cars.
Should you drive to Iowa City, parking within walking distance of the workshop will not be too difficult to find.
You can park in one of the public parking ramps on North Hall Ramp, Capitol St, and Iowa Ave (for $0.75/hour or so), or in the faculty parking lot #11 (which is free and open to the public from Friday 4:30pm until Monday at 7:30am).
Hotel accommodations and reservations are up to attendees. Hotel information can be found here. The Iowa House, the Sheraton, the Vetro and a few B&Bs are within walking distance of the workshop site. Most of the other hotels are a few minute drive.